Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spreading the Knowledge Like It's Contagious!

I went to my cousin's house on Monday night to celebrate her birthday with her. I showed her all of the cool stuff that we have been learning in class like Twitter, Skype, and making movies with xtranormal. My cousin is a Twitter nut, so I didn't teach her anything she didn't already know. I had her download Skype and now she is cursing me because she is obsessed with it! In return, she showed me how to use zamzar to convert youtube files to mp3 files. The group presentation in class today was very similar to that concept of getting music without downloading it through a p2p sharing network. All you have to do is search a song that you like on youtube. For example, I used Paramore's cover of "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon.

1. Under Step 1: Click URL. Copy and paste the url into the box provided.
2. Under Step 2: Select what type of file you want to make the file into. For example, I made the song into an MP3 format since that is the universal music file.
3. Enter your email address: Zamzar will convert your youtube selection into an MP3 file and they will email you when it's available for you to download.

As you may have noticed, this site is capable of converting files of all sorts. It's pretty handy and my cousin said she's never had any problems with it. Since I like to embed videos, here is the Paramore cover that I mentioned earlier:

No comments:

Post a Comment