Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tweet, Not To Be Confused With a Twit

Over the weekend, I was curious to see if anyone would actually use their Twitter account. Jasmine, Gin, Steve, and Margaret tweeted a few times and I personally tweeted Steve and Jasmine. We were primarily concerned with our assignment that is due tomorrow. It made me think that students and teachers would benefit tremendously by having a twitter network to discuss classwork. If more classes had the ability to communicate in such a networked way, it would build a camaraderie amongst the students. The teacher would also be able to see what the students are talking about and how they are progressing in their studies.

In a weekend that I spent thinking about literacy and technology, I couldn't help but realize how attached I am to technology. I sleep with my iPod, phone, and computer all right next to me on the dresser. I hope I don't have some sort of psychological complex regarding technology. While technology has made my life a little more colorful, I am more than ok with not answering the phone or emails. I know some people that would be absolutely devastated if they couldn't check their myspace, twitter, facebook, email, and text messages. Heaven forbid we go off-line. Imagine a situation where we have to go without power for 24 hours. How would we be able to survive if there was no way for us to charge our electronic devices? For me, it'd be even worse since we have an electric range (not a gas stove), so I might starve without the ability to make Mac n' Cheese (Blue box style). The idea of starving is definitely a lot scarier than going off-line. I hope everyone would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment